- Two classic killers lead The Haunting, in addition to new limited-time modes across Multiplayer, Zombies, and Warzone.
- Become — or defeat — the Ghosts of Verdansk in a new Battle Royale mode pitting you against threats both living and dead. Plus: Scream Deathmatch, Hallows’ Eve Outbreak, and much more.
- Become your greatest fear with new horror-themed Bundles like the Limited-Time “Scream” Operator Bundle and the Tracer Pack: “Donnie Darko” Limited-Time Bundle.
The sun sets and evil prowls as The Haunting arrives in Season Six of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone. No one is safe, with new horrors awaiting you across all modes. The blockbuster Halloween event runs now through November 2. Read on for more… if you dare:
Limited-Time Scream Operator Bundle Premieres with Plenty of Fear
At the start of The Haunting, pick up the Limited-Time Scream Operator Bundle which includes Ghostface for use in Warzone and Black Ops Cold War, long before the iconic killer’s return to cinemas in January 2022.
Get the Ghostface Operator and other “Scream” themed items, like the Violent End Finishing Move, the Cordless Phone Weapon Charm, and the Legendary Ghost Blade Weapon Blueprint.
Later in the Haunting: The Tracer Pack: Donnie Darko Limited-Time Bundle
Get the Tracer Pack: “Donnie Darko” Limited-Time Bundle, arriving on October 24, to access the Frank the Rabbit Operator Skin plus additional items, including the Sky Is Falling Finishing Move and three Legendary Weapon Blueprints with Purple Electric Tracer Fire.
The Ghosts of Verdansk Invade Warzone
A spiritual successor to Zombie Royale, the Ghosts of Verdansk limited-time mode brings new threats and challenges to the Battle Royale experience. In this mode, available only during The Haunting event, death no longer means a trip to the Gulag. Instead, Operators become Ghosts after being eliminated for the first time.
Ghosts gain supernatural abilities like Super Jump, allowing access to high ground and the ability to float down to safety. They can also Teleport, helping to close the gap against live Operators. Spectral Blast offers an area-of-effect stun attack that slows down Operators and disables vehicles.
Take out live Operators to earn souls that Ghosts can exchange for another life, or redeploy instantly by performing a Finishing Move. Operators in dire need should head to Sacred Ground, a sanctuary unpassable by the undead… at least until they destroy it.
Manage your Fear accordingly, tracked on a scale from 0 to 100 points. Every Operator begins the match with zero points of Fear. At 50 points, the hallucinations begin. At 100? No one’s lived to tell about it.
Fear increases when you are hit by the enemy and when you camp, see dead bodies or Ghosts, and lose a squadmate. Fear decreases following hallucinations and when you eliminate an enemy Operator or Ghost, revive a squadmate, complete a Contract, or remain within Sacred Ground.
Multiplayer Brings Nuketown ’84 Halloween, New Modes
The classic Black Ops map is full of Halloween spirit, with a shift from day to night along with plenty of themed decorations like the pumpkin clock and other props. Three new limited-time Multiplayer modes will also be live during The Haunting, including:
- Infected. Eighteen Operators are split into two teams: Survivors, and Zombies who attempt to turn the remaining Survivors undead. The Survivors win if they beat the clock before everyone joins the horde.
- Prop Hunt Halloween. This themed Prop Hunt sees player-controlled skulls, jack-o’-lanterns, black cats, bats, skeletons, and more hiding among the other decorations in Nuketown ’84 Halloween.
- Scream Deathmatch. In this terrifying mode, two Operators are chosen as Ghostface and are tasked with eliminating their prey. Survivors must face the killers head-on or run for their lives, though their periodic screams will make it difficult to hide for long…
Zombies Reign in the Hallows’ Eve Outbreak
Can you survive the Hallows’ Eve Outbreak? In this variation of Outbreak, your only goal is to survive. The match lasts just 10 minutes in a single Region, but the difficulty ramps up every two minutes, meaning more zombies, Specials, and Elites with more health. Feeling overwhelmed? Take out the Orda for a massive boost to your Loadout. No big deal.
Zombies Halloween Updates
Pick up Scare Packages containing big rewards every five rounds in round-based Zombies maps, and in every Outbreak Region. Zombies can also drop Jack O’Lanterns for additional rewards, and enemies with pumpkin heads will appear in that can be shot off for bonus Essence.
New Challenges and Rewards
The Haunting brings two sets of nine challenges, one for Warzone and the other for Black Ops Cold War. Complete challenges to earn new items like Weapon Blueprints. Complete either set to unlock the new LAPA SMG, a high-damage weapon with solid control and range.
Eager to take the new weapon for a spin right away? Purchase the Terrible End Bundle, launching alongside The Haunting, to equip the “Abnormality” Weapon Blueprint, the first Weapon Blueprint for this new weapon.
More Scares in the Store
Check the Store during Halloween week for the chance to purchase new Ultra-rarity Operator Skins across three Bundles. Dress to kill in Portnova’s Tracer Pack: Necro Queen Reactive Mastercraft Bundle, recruit acolytes as the “Disciple of Mayhem” from the Tracer Pack: Disciple of Mayhem Ultra Bundle, and light up the night with the Tracer Pack: Lumens Maxis Ultra Bundle.
Haven’t yet joined the fight? Get Black Ops Cold War on the Xbox Store today, and experience The Haunting on October 19.